Telephone Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Telephone Operator to join our team.
- Calmly and efficiently handles Stats, Codes, Traumas, Disaster and Emergency calls with the highest priority;
- Answer incoming phones and direct patient calls to appropriate extension using multi-line phone system;
- Shall be familiar with hospital consults & transitional care calls;
- Observing patient and staff safety policies & procedures including HIPAA;
- Provide basic information to patients about SIMEDHealth providers and services;
- Operates fax machines, printers and a variety of telecommunications related equipment;
- Review provider schedules on a daily basis and though out the day for availability;
- Must be able to stay seated for long periods of time;
- Must be able to type detailed notes;
- Ability to schedule appointments, verify insurance and work an electronic fax server;
- Retrieve voicemail messages throughout the day and return calls when necessary;
- Assist in directing new patient calls to our new patient coordinator;
- Keep accurate and complete records of paging and emergency procedures through the IntelliDesk console for historical purposes and regulatory review;
- Must be able to read and interpret Hospital Call Schedules;
- Ability to work alone for eight hours or longer if an emergency situation.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent;
- Strong data entry/database and update/management skills required to ensure that information in database is current and available to all house members;
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking preferred;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, SPOK Console platform, or similar call management system strongly preferred.