Sales representatives meet or ring customers to persuade them to buy products or services.
Salesperson Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Salesperson to join our team.
- Participates in required training;
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase;
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties;
- Meets dealership sales goals;
- Greets customer and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired;
- Completes paperwork accompanying vehicle sales, including but not limited to, preparing sales slip or sales contract;
- Maintains CSI at or above company standards;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Demonstrate operation of vehicle in showroom and via test drive;
- Develop a prospecting system, making calls and sending emails to potential customers to set appointments;
- Communicate customer and prospect;
- Create, plan, and deliver presentations on company products;
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort;
- Develop and relay a high level of product knowledge around vehicle features;
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads.
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and enthusiastic presence in a team environment;
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills, including the ability to smile;
- Motivated, self-starter;
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening;
- Previous sales or customer service experience (any industry) a plus;
- Professional references;
- Must be able to develop relationships with vendors;
- Bilingual is a plus;
- Strong Interpersonal skills; outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships;
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record for insurability;
- Professional Appearance;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous sales or customer-facing roles in hospitality or customer service, highly preferred.