CDL Delivery Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CDL Delivery Driver to join our team.
- Pick up customer returns, validating product match for credit requests as necessary;
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections, fuel the truck as needed, and report any problems or issues to supervisor;
- Maintains valid driver’s license, endorsements and DOT physical card and submits copies of renewals to the manager in a timely fashion;
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections, corrective and preventative maintenance and documents on the driver’s truck inspection sheets;
- Deliver products according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and DOT regulations;
- Works with dispatchers to coordinates the most efficient deliveries;
- Maintains a daily electronic log for hours of service;
- Applies knowledge of customer schedules, delivery times, traffic volume and alternate routes to increase route efficiencies;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Has the ability to safely load and unload products according to size of load and content description;
- Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company’s image;
- Ensures delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer invoices;
- Reports all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management and completes appropriate documentation in a timely fashion;
- Operates company vehicles in a professional, safe and courteous manner.
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Must be able to lift items that weigh up to of 50lbs;
- Prior commercial truck driving experience is strongly preferred;
- Valid CDL license;
- Valid Class B CDL License;
- Valid CDL Class A license;
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL);
- Previous Moffett experience.