EEG Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a EEG Technologist to join our team.
- Sets-up patient for appropriate study to include: patient, paperwork, room and equipment;
- Adheres to proper infection control practices;
- Explains testing procedure for all neurodiagnositc studies to patient and family using age appropriate guidelines;
- Accurately apply electrodes according to the International 10-20 measurement system to record EEG;
- Demonstrates proper cleaning procedures for the patient, room, setup room and equipment after each study;
- Perform routine, extended and ambulatory EEG’s and studies according to ACNS;
- Accurately takes and documents a pertinent history from the patient or EMR(Centricity);
- Perform nerve conduction studies according to AAET standards;
- Maintain registry in at least one of the END areas: EEG, or NCV.
- BLS certification;
- ABRET registry in EEG. AAET registry in NCV;
- Recognizes the need for and provides assistance to others where needed and when requested;
- Utilizes down time for cleaning, maintenance, and lab and departmental initiatives without prompting;
- Shows initiative for critical thinking skills;
- Recognize global needs of department;
- Recognizes limitations in own skills or knowledge and seeks assistance from appropriate resources;
- Assists in the planning and completion of orientation, training and/or cross-training of other personnel;
- Maintains 6 CEU’s per year;
- Demonstrates ability to effectively and efficiently manage departmental resources;
- Responds to stressors in the practice environment in a calm, positive manner;
- 1+ years experience in healthcare.