Lead Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
- Develop manufacturing processes, process sheets, control plans and layouts for a gearbox assembly line;
- Managing the selected equipment vendors through the build, installation and commissioning of the production equipment;
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams;
- Ensure safe working environment;
- Follow up on the implementation of engineering changes and variations from design specifications as well as new program developments;
- Be voice of manufacturing to product development;
- Provide Technical Expertise to quality department;
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency;
- React to machinery uptime issues and drive towards permanent, cost effective and long term solutions;
- Read and interpret blueprints;
- Optimize manufacturing process flow focusing on: Efficiency;
- Initiates, develops and pursues capital appropriation projects;
- Support day to day production activities to help meet customer product demand;
- Assist in the accomplishment of plant quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in product manufacturing;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 5 years of experience in product manufacturing.