Sr. Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Structural Engineer to join our team.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget. Be identified as a Core Team Member for the structural discipline;
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work;
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects;
- Additional responsibilities include overseeing shop drawing reviews;
- Mentor and teach other team members;
- Review structural analysis, test plans and reports and certification documents generated by outside suppliers.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting design solutions to Owners;
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work;
- Must have good attention to detail;
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus;
- Ability to lead a project from single discipline work to multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents;
- Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines;
- Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of relevant experience OR;
- Extensive knowledge of finite element methods and use of finite element modeling tools such as Abaqus, Ansys, or NASTRAN;
- Experience in Unix, Python, FORTRAN or other programming languages is a plus;
- 5+ years of experience in structural analysis, structural mechanics or mechanical engineering;
- Experience in composite materials, vibrations, or structural optimization analysis is a plus;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or applied mathematics is highly preferred but not required;
- Experience in LS-Dyna and NASGRO is a plus;
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.