Senior Design Researcher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join our team.
- Produce impactful artifacts generated from research findings which are visually rich and bring clarity to the space being studied;
- Experience as a research team lead for a large business area, delivering a user research plan and strategy;
- Balance both agile and strategic research methods on a daily basis to influence product direction, and overall user experience;
- Work closely with multiple disciplines (especially design and engineering) on aligned goals and influence business stakeholders;
- Deep analytical and synthesis skills (both qualitative and quantitative) with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights;
- This role has the potential to grow into a people manager;
- Understands complex business and enterprise spaces and deliver clear, and actionable insights.
- Experience at professional services or consulting firms (market research, user research, human factors research);
- You have a grip on the details without getting lost in them. Your knowledge of the details inspires confidence in your findings;
- 8+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or equivalent;
- You are honest and forthright. We work in a regulated industry, and we despise passive aggressiveness and other bad corporate behavior;
- You do what needs to be done in order to deliver excellent results that turn heads, and you make sure you own all the details for your work;
- Experience with analysis tools such as Tableau, MiniTab, Excel, or MaxQDA;
- You have directly executed qualitative and quantitative research studies using formalized approaches and have analyzed study data;
- You value being in an office with others and enjoy collaboration (this is not a remote position);
- You are authorized to work in the US (we cannot sponsor any authorizations);
- Experience researching topics around infusion, oncology, chronic disease, patient education, or specialty pharmaceuticals;
- Experience with formative human factors studies, task analysis, and root cause analysis;
- Both corporate and start-up/small company experience;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong attention to visual details;
- Experience with developing research programs, scorecards and outcomes that have resulted in a strong product strategy and impact.