Grants Management Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Grants Management Specialist to join our team.
- Assists with all progress reports and ensures compliance and responsiveness with sponsor guidelines and requests;
- General computer skills include working with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook;
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work with a wide variety of faculty and staff;
- Stellar financial reporting and analytical skills are of utmost importance;
- Expectations are to manage most accounts independently, but to proactively seek guidance as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Develops budgets and budget justifications for award proposals;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are necessary;
- Sponsored Research experience required.
- Financial projections;
- General accounting or grants accounting experience preferred but not required. This includes but is not limited to;
- Tracking Budget Expenses;
- Ensuring that all parts of the grant (excluding scientific content) are correct prior to submission;
- 3 – 6 years of experience;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Understanding sponsor guidelines and helping investigators adhere to them when applying for grants;
- Sponsored Research (Pre- Award) experience is preferred but not required. This includes but is not limited to.