Human resources generalists handle all aspects of human resources work. They may have duties in all areas of human resources including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, as well as the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
Human Resources Generalist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
- Accurately prepares and submits on a timely basis all required reports including governmental compliance reports;
- Lead and promote HR initiatives and programs that align with corporate goals and values;
- Work with the Learning & Development Partner to provide training opportunities to all employees including delivery of site-based training;
- Helps develop and modify training programs;
- Other administrative tasks and projects;
- Responsible for investigations, conflict resolution, employee communications, and management coaching;
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems;
- Support the vision, mission, and guiding principals of the company;
- Mange the tuition reimbursement program;
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll activities and records;
- Maintain department records and files, process employee changes and generate reports;
- Manage the administration for leave of absences and FMLA;
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations and documents situations appropriately;
- Contact references and perform background checks;
- Handling employee grievance process.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- 5 years of HR Generalist experience; Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Events planning and execution – You will be the point person for planning internal and local community events at the inspection center;
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to follow-through and follow-up as needed;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), HRIS including applicant tracking system and onboarding modules;
- Must be mobile in 3+ years for your next assignment/promotion;
- Minimum 5 year’s progressive human resources experience;
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Human Resources, Business, or Social Services and 3 years of HR experience;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have strong computer and database application skills (Excel, Word, Power-Point, etc.);
- Minimum 1 year of safety and compliance experience;
- Experience configuring, operating, and managing modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) platforms.