The HR Generalist I collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. to help make recommendations for improvement. Assists in administering human resources policies and procedures. Being a HR Generalist I may prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies. Processes paperwork for functional area according to established procedures. In addition, HR Generalist I may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Being a HR Generalist I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a HR Generalist I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
HR Generalist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Generalist to join our team.
- Conduct new hire orientations and lead new hire integration activities;
- Administer the Individual Training and Development plan program;
- Manage the termination process to assure that there are no alternative courses of action;
- Administer, maintain and track required training, including: regulatory, development, job specific and ad- hoc, to ensure compliance;
- Identify, recommend, and document opportunities for process improvements;
- Assist with planning and executing events such as sales events as required and recruiting events;
- Champions and leads by example, site positive employee relations priority;
- Maintain HRIS system;
- Create and maintain employee files;
- Assist with New hire orientations including managing the collection of all required information and paperwork and to answer any questions as needed;
- Leads and/or participates in internal and department special projects as needed;
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems;
- Track, analyze, and report out on specific learning metrics important to the business;
- Manage special projects that have region-wide and/or company-wide impact;
- Support recruitment efforts and coordinate interviews.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate;
- Proactive in nature and must thrive in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment;
- 3+ years training and development;
- Acceptance and consistent application of the confidential and professional nature of the position and work of the department;
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws;
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment and have proven successes as a key contributor;
- AA degree in HR management or general business or equivalent experience; bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, presentation, and relationship building;
- Intermediate skills in Excel with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities;
- Self directed and able to contribute individually and as a member of a team;
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.