Database administrators (DBAs) plan and build computer systems, and make sure they’re secure and working properly.
Database Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
- Install and patch database management software;
- Participate in projects to ensure database configuration and design compliance;
- Track products to ensure they meet DO Offices production goals;
- Manage database access and develop processes for optimizing database security;
- Install, update and manage database applications;
- Generate reports;
- Analyzing user application/programming requests and developing/recommending solutions and time estimates;
- Assisting and advising users in report generation, including writing data queries for accreditation reports and other purposes;
- Coordinating database checkpoint frequencies, archive logging, resource usage with programmers and system Administrators;
- Designing, writing and testing programs for administrative and academic departments that use Colleague and associated applications;
- Assist with the certification, upgrading and patching of all database products;
- Establishes rules and procedures for the sharing of data with leadership, project teams, stakeholders, and end users;
- Operates interdepartmentally, often serving as a project team member;
- Provide criteria, requirements, and solutions relating to database monitoring;
- Assist analysts with complex tuning and schema refinement.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance;
- Experience supporting mission critical production systems is required;
- Experience with Windows Server environments;
- Familiarity with ITIL Framework business acumen a plus;
- Experience with PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, and other relational database systems;
- Strong knowledge of ANSI SQL;
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- BS Degree and minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of relevant experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- NOAA Experience;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Experience with Linux system administration and scripting;
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation;
- Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s);
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.