Engine Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engine Programmer to join our team.
- Develop and maintain new and existing systems for managing memory and streaming;
- Research and propose improvements to processes and pipelines;
- Debug and fix crashes, concurrency issues, and platform-specific problems;
- Analyze and improve performance across all target platforms.
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Object-oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java);
- 2-6 years of programming for engineering applications;
- Unreal Engine experience;
- Excellent communication and team skills;
- 2-4 years of programming for scientific computing;
- At least one object-oriented programming language;
- Experience writing or contributing to technical reports;
- BS or MS Engineering degree (Mechanical or aerospace preferred but not required);
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Development in Windows & Linux;
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games and game technology;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- 5+ years of industry experience developing for PC and consoles;
- A keen interest in analyzing and optimizing existing game and engine code.