Senior SQL DBA Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior SQL DBA to join our team.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements;
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code;
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented;
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance;
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members;
- Manage ETL and reporting environment on SQL server and will develop ETL and reports;
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes;
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities;
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement;
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end;
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- 10+ years of experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred;
- Experience with HA/DR technology for RDBMS’ mentioned above;
- Experience with SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target);
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching all RDBMS listed above, as well as OLTP performance troubleshooting;
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2 (expert), Oracle 11g and 12c RAC (basic), DB2 LUW 11.1 pureScale (basic);
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2012-2017 (expert), Oracle 11g and 12c RAC (basic), DB2 LUW 11.1 pureScale (basic).