The Licensed Plumber identifies plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and takes necessary corrective action using appropriate parts and tools. Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains plumbing fixtures and piping in heating, water and drainage systems. Being a Licensed Plumber reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, and other instructions. Complies with all required safety, building code and inspection requirements. In addition, Licensed Plumber has completed required apprenticeship. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Typically requires certain certifications in plumbing. Requires a plumbing license from the applicable local authority. Being a Licensed Plumber has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Working as a Licensed Plumber typically requires 3-5 years of related experience.
Licensed Plumber Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Licensed Plumber to join our team.
- Installing fittings and components above and in ground;
- Unloading and carrying materials to the jobsite;
- Assisting with the installation of pipe and fittings for copper, cast iron, and PVC/CPVC pipes, and for drain, sewer, and gas lines;
- Testing pipes by filling them with water or air and reads gauges to determine whether system is working accurately;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- Boiler drains;
- Gas and water valves;
- Sink drain assemblies including disposals;
- Tub/shower/faucet internal mechanisms including cartridges, washers, springs, etc;
- Water piping systems;
- Sanitary sewer yard lines;
- Yard leaks/breaks;
- Tub faucets.
- Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs;
- P1 or P2 CT state license;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level;
- Tools of the trade and the ability to bring them to jobsites;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance and repairs of plumbing systems;
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field;
- 4 years of plumbing experience;
- Drug free at all times;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Solid Knowledge of the Plumbing Trade;
- Valid Texas Driver’s License;
- Professional Appearance.