Cook Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cook Chef to join our team.
- Make recommendations on staffing the Department. Assign work to, direct the work of and train Department personnel;
- Train, supervise and assign work to staff in the dining services program;
- Provide input for Resident assistance plans;
- Ensure attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving;
- Encourage and invite Residents to participate in the dining service program and activities;
- Monitor portion control to meet Residents requests and minimize waste;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Supervisor;
- Assist with menu planning; review and adjust menus with Supervisor to accommodate foods in season, vendor sale prices,special events and holidays;
- Ensure compliance with regulations;
- Attend all meetings and in services;
- Identify food and supplies needed for next weekly menus and report to the Supervisor;
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment;
- Notify Manager of malfunction of equipment or appliances;
- Prepare food daily as outlined on the weekly menu plan;
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable meals (resident, guest and catered) and non-chargeable meals (resident,employee and marketing).
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of food costs and payroll budgets.