The Doctor of Optometry examines patient’s eyes to detect and diagnose vision problems, diseases, and other conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension. Provides primary care and medical treatment to patients with visual system disorders and diseases. Being a Doctor of Optometry educates patients on proper eye care and treatment plans. Develops treatment plans and prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, and/or medication to treat eye disorders. In addition, Doctor of Optometry requires a special degree of Doctor of Optometry. Typically reports to a manager. Requires a state license to practice. Doctor of Optometry’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Doctor of Optometry Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Doctor of Optometry to join our team.
- Conduct all services in accordance with clinical protocols and accepted standards of care;
- Establish a positive Doctor/Patient relationship;
- Helps ensure Gardner Eye Care is known as a leading optical provider within the community;
- Ensures the office quality systems are maintained;
- Ensure all patients received accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations.
- Graduate of an accredited school of optometry;
- DPA and TPA certified;
- Licensed to practice Optometry in the state of practice location;
- Knowledge of current Optometric technology and practices.