Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist to join our team.
- Assists medical records staff. Performs medical record filing; coping of medical records. Performs audits, studies and reports as needed;
- Provide assistance to clinicians, to include taking and recording patient history, vital signs, scheduling appointments and other clinical activities;
- Performs EKG’s;
- Maintains, restocks, and prepares orders for medical supplies in exam rooms;
- Provide pre-op instructions to patient as directed by the doctor;
- Assists clinicians and visiting consultants in the management and coordination of patient flow for visits/appointments;
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format;
- Perform phlebotomy procedures and injections;
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment;
- Assist the nurse and office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed;
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments.
- High level of professionalism;
- Associate degree in a medical field; bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Inventory management experience;
- Strong customer service skills;
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.