Personal Care Attendant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Personal Care Attendant to join our team.
- Is aware of resident needs for social and psychological support;
- Is aware of and adheres to Resident’s Bill of Rights and confidentiality of resident information;
- Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law. Requirements;
- Receives report and assignment when coming on duty and gives report on assigned residents when going off duty;
- Attend General Orientation and PCA Training/competency classes, at time of hire and annually, as indicated.
- History of preparing and serving modified meals;
- Be willing to do feeding and toileting of dependent adults;
- Able to lead activity groups such as exercise, arts/crafts, cooking, singing, etc;
- Able to do physical aspects of the job – pushing, pulling and lifting up to 75 lbs;
- Fluent in writing and speaking English;
- Have people skills to work with the disabled;
- Be responsible, organized, able to follow directions, provide supervision of clients and work well with other staff;
- Have a recent TB and physical within the last year;
- Be fluent in a second language;
- Possess a valid CNA Certificate;
- Have a flexible schedule to work a longer shift (not more than 8 hours) if needed;
- Experience in a rehabilitation setting for neurologically/intellectually impaired adults;
- Demonstrate ability to do proper documentation;
- Possess computer knowledge.