Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery PRN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery PRN to join our team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members;
- Instructs and educates patients and families;
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required;
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures;
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs;
- Manages the patient’s pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management;
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors;
- Carries out physician orders;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for patient care;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate;
- Carries out physician orders and assesses plans to administer patient care.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills;
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS, and NRP;
- Current licensure as an RN;
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing;
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment;
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at Rose Medical Center.