Production Maintenance Technician I performs preventive maintenance and repairs on production equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve efficiency, capability and yield. Being a Production Maintenance Technician I performs equipment failure analyses (including preventive and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems. Additionally, Production Maintenance Technician I prepares technical reports to document preventative maintenance issues. Assists higher-level technicians. Requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to supervior or manager. The Production Maintenance Technician I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Production Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Maintenance Technician to join our team.
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery;
- Monitor performance of machinery and equipment; adjust and calibrate as needed, ensuring that equipment meets specifications and requirements;
- Maintain CNC machines & equipment;
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning parts and conduct tests to ensure that repairs are satisfactory;
- Test damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are needed;
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery and equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of electricity, electronics, production machines, and conveyor systems;
- Posses a high school diploma or GED certificate.