The Construction Site Superintendent is responsible for the overall progress of the project as well as the scheduling of workers and the delivery of equipment and materials. Oversees the daily construction activities at a work site. Being a Construction Site Superintendent resolves contract disputes and arranges any necessary order changes. Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and time frame. In addition, Construction Site Superintendent requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Construction Site Superintendent supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as a Construction Site Superintendent typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Construction Site Superintendent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Site Superintendent to join our team.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules;
- Ensures that all OSHA guidelines are followed in every aspect of construction;
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and requirements for each phase of construction.
- Knowledge of building construction processes and procedures, equipment, tools, and materials;
- OSHA training;
- Ability to interpret blueprint specifications;
- Ability to evaluate construction and/or design problems and recommend solutions;
- Up-to-date CPR/AED Certificate;
- Florida Contractor’s License preferred;
- Knowledge of construction codes, laws, and contract documents;
- Understanding of project cost analysis, spread sheets and the ability to effectively use necessary computer programs such as Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of standards of good work quality in commercial building construction.