Creative Director is responsible for directing creative work including audience promotions and advertising. Assists with audience research and develops creative briefs and design concepts to meet business objectives. Being a Creative Director manages corporate creative strategies and establishes design policies. May oversee print production, graphic art, and desktop publishing. Additionally, Creative Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Creative Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. To be a Creative Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Creative Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Creative Director to join our team.
- Manage a team while also diving in as an individual contributor;
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion;
- Partner with the Precision marketing team to identify opportunities to promote our creative capabilities, success stories, etc;
- Manage “creative vision for all owned US social & digital channels in partnership with cross- functional teams and agency partners;
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and in professional organizations;
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions;
- Focus on the entire body of work, ensure that creative work is compelling, consistent, adheres to brand standards, and accomplishes established goals;
- Cultivate a viable contractor pool to accommodate periodic needs;
- Collaborate with project managers with job assignments, creative direction, troubleshooting, and project scope;
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation;
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs;
- Able to think on her/his feet;
- Influence and mentor across the organization, focusing on coaching and developing product managers, engineers and creative team on UX best practices;
- Ensure that creative ideas and executions support client business goals.
- Experience designing UX solutions for software, responsive web applications, and/or mobile native apps;
- Monthly stipends for gym, phone and commuting;
- Art direction background with expertise in concepting and directing shoots for multiple platform applications;
- Demonstrated experience working on nationwide campaigns;
- Discretionary time off and flexible work from home days;
- 5+ years in a creative leadership role; Creative Services/Operations, Production, Account Management, Studio Management or Agency experience preferred;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to lead the internal creative team and work closely with the marketing team and other departments;
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines;
- Highly organized and effective time management skills;
- Business travel required;
- Ability to clearly and consistently articulate Bethel’s brand, voice, and distinctives;
- Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills;
- Exceptional graphic design expertise in typography, layout, color, and brand systems – no detail is too small for you to get just right;
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team;
- Experience shaping and developing global brands through graphic design, communication design, and advertising.