Group Creative Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Group Creative Director to join our team.
- Works closely with the executive team to attain and maintain creative vision in support of the overall agency’s strategic initiatives;
- Ensure the team consistently operates in an efficient/profitable way to deliver the highest quality of creative output within approved budgets;
- Responsible for training, reviewing and mentoring direct reports and ensuring greater team is trained, reviewed and mentored appropriately;
- Oversees creative operations within the creative department, including design, user experience and video and animation production teams;
- Actively seeks to expand network and organically recruits talent;
- Proactively works to improve clients’ businesses. Is considered an essential part of the team by lead clients.
- 15+ years of ad agency experience, most recently performing as a Creative Director, Group Creative Director or Executive Creative Director;
- Strong creative background including concept development, art direction and copywriting;
- Willingness to relocate to St. Louis, Missouri (for non-resident candidates);
- The availability to travel to meet client and agency needs;
- A track record of award-winning and pitch-winning work;
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, creativity, vision and campaign success;
- Strong ability to lead a team of art directors and copywriters and play nice with others, including account managers and technical directors;
- Strong interpersonal and client presentation skills;
- Award-winning conceptual skills, plus a command of the digital space and the talent to take advertising campaigns across diverse platforms;
- Performance driven and solutions focused, no matter the challenge;
- Experienced in emergent digital visual design trends, including Print, OOH, Interactive, UI/UX, Email, Mobile and Social;
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to learn something new every day;
- Experience managing a team including hiring, establishing performance expectations, managing performance and coaching/mentoring;
- Outstanding collaborator who can work across multiple functions and internal orgs/teams with strong executive-level presence;
- Superb attention to details across many disciplines – writing, design, video, art direction, motion, etc.