Director of Revenue Management Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Revenue Management to join our team.
- Contribute to the financial success of the hotel via participation in annual budgeting and sales and marketing plan process;
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels, in all market segments;
- Work with the hotel DOSM and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both rooms and catering;
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price;
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels;
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis;
- Generate reports to improve analyst efficiency and improve internal processes;
- Perform frequent analysis on regional or market level issues and present solutions/recommendations to upper management;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- The ability to lead a high performance team;
- Work with Pricing, Scheduling, Marketing, and others to ensure total revenue is being maximized;
- Develop and implement cost-effective overbooking strategy;
- Represent Revenue Management team in cross-departmental projects;
- Create and produce Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports to measure analyst performance;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Director role.
- Ability to use PMS, reservation and revenue management systems to forecast and implement optimal strategies;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work preferred;
- Ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences with reference to impact on hotels revenues;
- Two years revenue management experience required;
- In-depth understanding of tools- spreadsheets, statistical methods for analyzing data;
- Strong analytical skills.