The Strategic Sales Director sets short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of current sales programs. Directs and oversees an organization’s sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Strategic Sales Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. In addition, Strategic Sales Director typically reports to an executive. The Strategic Sales Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Strategic Sales Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Strategic Sales Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Strategic Sales to join our team.
- Participate in regional, industry specific conferences and events;
- Provide a value proposition for our products in the North America region;
- Take a creative and innovative approach to building a territory;
- Interact and sell to C-level executives at enterprise companies;
- Organize, manage and forecast complex sales cycles;
- Understands System Landscapes, Common Challenges & Pains of F&A Groups we sell into;
- Manages Territory Plans, Drives Pipeline Activities, Account & Opportunity Reviews, & Ensures Team Keeps SFDC Up-to-Date;
- Have a passion for developing strategic sales reps into elite sales people Directly manage 5-8 strategic sales reps;
- Adheres to the Highest Standards of Integrity & Leadership;
- Works Cross-functionally to align needed resources and supportive roles;
- Propose solutions of our suite of products to deliver quantifiable business value through an integrated relationship;
- Preparation of and execution to sales plans, events, campaigns;
- Handling all aspects of the sales process;
- Networking and attending related conferences and events.
- Highly motivated professional with excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism;
- Working knowledge of SFDC required;
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Experience selling to United States market preferred;
- Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills;
- Experience cal;
- Consistent track record of achieving / exceeding sales quota, Pipeline growth, management,
- Proven track record with new account development;
- Spend Management or Accounts Payable domain expertise is an advantage.