Hospice Physician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hospice Physician to join our team.
- Participates in the assessment of medical staff learning needs as they relate to palliative care;
- Leads initiatives to change the structure, system, or processes of the organization to more effectively support palliative care initiatives;
- Participates in the process of program and system development for the management of palliative care;
- Serves as a role model of the change expected from others;
- Plans, implements, evaluates educational programs for medical and nursing staff based on identified learning objectives;
- Coordinate educational activities with other institutional and community programs;
- Identifies current trends in palliative care and their implications for advanced illness and end of life care;
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team.
- Highly organized, self-directed and motivated;
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience, 2 of which must have been in palliative, oncology, geriatric, and/or hospice care;
- Excellent assessment, diagnosis and treatment skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Creative and innovative problem solver.