Information Technology Manager manages all IT activities in the organization. Implements and maintains the policies and goals for the IT department to support the company’s needs. Being an Information Technology Manager ensures proper information system operations and plans necessary upgrades. Oversees the internal IT support function. Additionally, Information Technology Manager conducts research and recommends the selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Information Technology Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be an Information Technology Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Information Technology Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Information Technology Manager to join our team.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements;
- Oversee systems functionality and network infrastructure Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software;
- Maintain and optimize infrastructure services;
- Manage and facilitate development of client deliverables, executive summary read-outs, and detail fact-based analyses;
- Assist with overall client engagement activities, proposal development, and practice go-to-market offerings.
- Flexibility in prioritizing and completing assignments;
- Ability to manage team members to reach project and personal objectives;
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities to identify and address client needs;
- Confident speaking skills to support direct engagement with clients and our team;
- Ability to manage personal workload without missing deadlines;
- Confident in actively seeking personal improvement, guidance, and feedback;
- Strong business writing ability (professional emails, status updates, reports, PowerPoints);
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or related field is preferred;
- 5 years of related experience in an MIS environment. Other combinations of education, certifications, and experience may be considered;
- Willingness to travel up to one hundred percent;
- Willingness to be available outside of normally scheduled daytime hours during night and weekends;
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based personal computer operating systems, networking systems, and application software;
- Analytical/problem solving, independence, flexibility, leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.