IT service engineers install and repair computer systems and equipment.
IT Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Engineer to join our team.
- Engineer, monitor, and manage a storage appliance and ability to help troubleshoot issues with phone support;
- Support remote teams on subjects such as networking, operating systems, data storage;
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies;
- Research, test, and update software to fix vulnerabilities, bugs, and user issues;
- Research, implement, and troubleshoot active directory, group policy, and DNS;
- Research, implement, monitor, manage, patch, and troubleshoot various Microsoft products;
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes;
- Review logs and vulnerabilities, identify potential issues, and engineer solutions to remediate or mitigate these issues;
- Be willing to relocate to Chantilly, VA;
- Travel to sites to correct problems and implement solutions that can not be done remotely from Chantilly;
- Must be a US Citizen Preferred Qualifications;
- Your work will directly contribute to products and services that save and improve people’s lives. For real. :);
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world;
- Team up with our Security team to raise the bar on our IT security posture;
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Be highly motivated, able to work independently, set and meet deadlines;
- Time and Schedule Management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation and a desire to succeed;
- Previous experience within any of the functional areas of finance, supply chain and manufacturing is a plus;
- Strong business acumen;
- Knowledge and certification in SAP Business Models preferred;
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking and cloud-based services;
- Experience with high availability, high transaction volume technical environments; familiarity with online retail/commerce technology stacks;
- Graduate/ IT Diploma with minimum of 10 years of in-depth infrastructure experience;
- Minimum 5 years of leading projects;
- Capacity planning;
- Project management & delivery;
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in leading IT teams;
- Solution architecture/designing.