Sales managers organise, coach and lead teams of sales representatives to work towards agreed targets.
Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team.
- Facilitate regular sales training for continue team growth;
- Pricing and markup management;
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients (wholesale/retail);
- Strategic planning skills and ability to translate corporate goals into actionable tactics to deliver targets;
- Cultivate The MAX Challenge culture;
- Implement regular training and coaching to develop and retain high performers;
- Mentor new and experienced sales reps on best practices for improving performance;
- Recruit, hire, coach and manage a team responsible for closing new business consistently above quota;
- Build and maintain valued, trusted relationships with clients which includes a deep understanding of their needs and monitor their preferences;
- Ensure that sales pipeline remains full of qualified leads & prospects;
- Meet with potential clients and grow long-lasting relationships by understanding their needs;
- Achievement of sales goals and retention expectations;
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, service accounts and analyze lost business for the hotel(s);
- Expertise in supervising the everyday efforts of desk managers and maximizing F/I income through coaching and training.
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be accountable, deadline sensitive and results oriented;
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded;
- Operationally minded, with a clear ability to build structure and repeatable process in an ambiguous environment;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Willing and able to work a demanding retail schedule, including nights and weekends;
- Completed high school education or equivalent;
- Expertise in supervising the everyday efforts of desk managers and maximizing F/I income through coaching and training;
- Management experience leading a Medicare Advantage sales team;
- Set, track, and hit departmental goals;
- Open to Travel;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish;
- 3+ years managing and directing a sales team.