The Area Sales Manager designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a district. Being an Area Sales Manager typically reports to a regional sales manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. The Area Sales Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as an Area Sales Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Area Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Area Sales Manager to join our team.
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance;
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace;
- Planning the work;
- Execute strategic territory analysis that clearly defines growth opportunities within the area;
- Analyzes and proposes pricing strategies for specific customers;
- Provide industry and technical training to direct reports and customers;
- Identify area opportunities, develop value proposition and programs to differentiate Habasit from the competition and drive revenue growth;
- Identify market and competitive trends that are impacting customers and those that are seen as opportunities for new business;
- Manages and directs sales teams to achieve sales and profit goals within a territory;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Act as role model in exhibiting the highest standards of honesty and integrity that support the vision, mission and values of the organization;
- Prepares periodic reports showing sales efforts and results.
- Some travel may be required;
- Highly motivated to achieve challenging goals;
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Must be able to establish and maintain customer confidence;
- Professional and groomed appearance a must;
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated, strong desire to achieve personal, professional growth;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis;
- Field Sales Management;
- Valid driver’s license; access to properly registered and insured vehicle;
- Ability to be on the road visiting prospective clients, current customers, vendors, etc. approximately 35% of the time ( may vary slightly by region);
- Maintain work-life balance;
- Computer literacy, especially with MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional business relationships;
- Product knowledge of Goldwell and KMS, plus key competitive professional products.