Senior Manager, Email Marketing Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Manager, Email Marketing to join our team.
- Own and operate the company email program, for customer acquisition, retention and service communications;
- Create targeting and campaign targeting criteria, based on a test and learn results;
- Ensure that any SMS messaging is accurate and on-brand;
- Create segment-based communication strategies for all products for launches, product enhancements, promotions or proactive retention;
- Track and report on campaign results and optimize for performance (CTR, open rates, engagement, revenue lift, control group testing, A/B testing);
- Ability to project manage and manage a budget;
- Manage and maintain content libraries and assets in Marketo, or other email and SMS platform tools hosted in the company;
- Oversee that all automated content is published effectively and efficiently (including proofreading and editing);
- Create hypothesis’ of what’s working, based on what you and an analyst (both in-house and from an agency) see in campaign data;
- Organize and manage target content for web properties within the CMS platform;
- Creating advanced email automation flows;
- Devising new and creative ways to grow the company’s email subscriber list;
- Writing email content and maintaining a rich and varied email content calendar;
- Owning strategy and execution of the company’s email marketing;
- Driving and monitoring customer reengagement and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of consumer email marketing experience;
- Excellent analytical skills, including Excel / Google Sheets and Google Analytics (SQL a bonus);
- Familiarity with common email automation tools, e.g. Autopilot, ActiveCampaign;
- Solid design instincts (but also knows when to pass the ball to a designer);
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.