Senior Media Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Media Planner to join our team.
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives and translate them into digital objectives/strategies;
- Formulate, write, and present campaign/media recommendations;
- Cross check plans and all supporting documents (spec/TI sheets, IOs, billing docs);
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities;
- Oversee day-to-day workloads of Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners and assist in their training and development;
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance;
- Develop strong and effective media plans based on sound strategies and research;
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to clients.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with extreme attention to detail;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Minimum four year’s experience in media planning with at least two years of digital experience;
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work effectively within a fast-paced agency environment;
- Must be assertive, highly motivated and have strong communications skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, share ideas and accept constructive reviews;
- Must have client-facing skills, including preparing and delivering presentations;
- Must be goal-oriented and exhibit a high level of professionalism;
- Experience with media buying platforms a plus (MediaOcean, Adazzle, Nexelus, etc.);
- Experience planning and buying Local and National media is a plus;
- Experience with research and digital planning tools (@Plan, MRI, Kantar, Comscore, AdRelevance, etc.);
- Strong understanding of all forms of media planning, including demand generation, lead generation and branding.