Supply Chain Analyst gathers data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving the organization’s supply chain operations. Identifies underperforming areas in the supply chain and may suggest improvements or resolutions to problems. Being a Supply Chain Analyst may assist in the negotiation of supplier contracts or service arrangements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Additionally, Supply Chain Analyst typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. To be a Supply Chain Analyst typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Supply Chain Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team.
- Receives, reviews and analyses customers’ orders, set production schedules accordingly;
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets;
- Provide strategic input relative to supply chain impacts at the earliest stages of project planning;
- Assist implementation of new programs and process;
- Update internal customers on key finished goods supply issues and drive them to resolution;
- Challenge all price increase requests from suppliers and escalate if unsuccessful;
- Update purchase orders as required;
- Travel to and create relationships with all partner vendors and customers;
- Serve as single point of contact for suppliers for SCR/Change Order tracking and prioritization;
- Develop and manage policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) relating to supplier compliance;
- Factory Audits;
- Lead strategic improvement projects as assigned;
- Support system setup for launch activities (e.g., share SKU setup details) needed by B2C partners for all new SKUs in scope;
- Develop and utilize scorecards to track key vendor performance metrics;
- Manage purchase orders.
- Initiates, leads, and implements the process of supply chain problem identification and resolution;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Operations Management, and/or Business Analytics from an accredited university;
- 3M systems experience (Factory Planner, eMES, Peoplesoft, ERP / SAP) & BT knowledge;
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Inventory management;
- Experience with ERP and Ecommerce platforms, preferred;
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Supply Chain, Transportation & Logistics, Customer Service and/or Marketing;
- Must be highly organized and pay close attention to detail;
- Requires a strong data analytics and industrial engineering background;
- Communicate daily to support replenishment of on-site levels based on demand;
- Manage Supply Chain KPIs including, but not limited to, monitoring inventory levels, forecast accuracy, inventory turns, and aged inventory;
- Perform inventory analysis;
- Preferred experience in AutoCAD, SQL, simulation software and Microsoft Project;
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds.