Payroll administrators make sure employees get paid the right amount on the right date.
Payroll Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Clerk to join our team.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Maintains agency financial and official records;
- Customer Service to employees seeking assistance;
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
- Implementation and account setup;
- Address employee concerns regarding hours worked, pay rates, taxes, garnishments, and paycheck discrepancies;
- Serve as a backup for processing bi-weekly payroll;
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll;
- Maintaining and updating payroll records;
- Assist with employee inquiries and issues;
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system;
- Prepare monthly union reports in numerous jurisdictions;
- Review employee time information from timekeeping system for accuracy and completeness, and follow up on missing or unapproved timesheets;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Effective communications skills, in writing and verbally;
- Ability to monitor deadlines and plan, coordinate and execute assignments;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work independently and follow directions;
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to handle confidential matters;
- ADP Vantage experience preferred;
- Data entry, payroll processing, clerical experience;
- Previous experience in a payroll department;
- Ability to read, write and speak English;
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial;
- Must maintain proficiency in company sponsored training and certifications as required;
- Professional appearance and demeanor.