Sales Support Representative provides support to the sales team by relieving them of administrative work. Duties may include order processing/entry, making price quotations, record keeping, RFP response, product training, or other related tasks. Being a Sales Support Representative may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a Manager. The Sales Support Representative gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Sales Support Representative typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Sales Support Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Support Representative to join our team.
- Contact/prospect for Agents/Agencies with valuable information;
- Ask for business regularly and follow up with key accounts;
- Manage contact management system;
- Maintain synergy with sales team;
- Make thank you calls for business on behalf of RSMs;
- Work with RSMs to support territory growth;
- Performs other duties as required;
- Timely screen and process new agent contracts;
- Build relationships with RSMs and key accounts;
- Making welcome calls to new customers;
- Following-up with customers to learn about their experience with our company and testimonials;
- Retaining existing customers;
- Do online research on charities where we can donate our returned products;
- Ensure leads are qualified to result in a successful in-home demonstration by our Field Sales Representatives;
- Attend ongoing training sessions to stay up-to-date on product knowledge.
- Fast learner, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with CRM, sales quoting tools, and basic computer skills preferred;
- Prior customer service experience required;
- Experience in Microsoft Office products required, including Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Demonstrated communication skills, a positive attitude, a team player, and the ability to achieve set targets;
- Strong time management skills, highly organized and efficient;
- Prior insurance experience preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication skills with strict attention to detail;
- Proactively seek opportunities to learn and improve existing processes;
- Develop and maintain a strong, professional relationships with the Sales and Customer Service team;
- Help coach customers on the benefits of using AEEExpress.com and answer any questions on how to use the site;
- Work with customers and the Credit team to ensure all tax documentation is current and updated in the system;
- Research product information and develop working knowledge of product offerings;
- Ensure all customer telephone, email and web-based contacts are handled timely, professionally and ultimately that customer needs are met;
- Partner with the Sales and Customer Service teams’ to help improve the territory NPS score and create loyal satisfied customers.