Groomers specialize in maintaining a pet’s appearance. They typically groom dogs and cats, which may include cutting, trimming, shampooing, and styling fur; clipping nails; and cleaning ears. Groomers also schedule appointments, sell products to pet owners, and identify problems that may require veterinary attention.
Groomer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Groomer to join our team.
- Communicate effectively with clients to find out what they need;
- Preferably be able to provide full grooming services to cats as well;
- Maintain an upbeat attitude;
- Ensure company policies are being followed;
- Bathe and provide haircut to various breeds of dogs;
- Create a welcoming environment for dogs and their owners.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience;
- Ability to lift dogs that weigh up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time;
- Great communication skills;
- Grooming abilities that include strong scissor skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Calming presence to sooth dogs;
- Ability to work with other groomers;
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Must be able to work Monday and Tuesday (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Wednesday and Thursday (12 p.m. to 7 p.m.).