Chemical plant process operators control machinery that makes chemical products, like paints, cleaning fluids and cosmetics.
Chemical Process Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chemical Process Operator to join our team.
- Mixing ingredients in large reactors using pump systems;
- Use vacuum and pump systems to move ingredients into the mixing vessels and tanks. Monitor with control panels;
- Everyone pitches in and helps in each area so duties should be considered “fluid”. They are team oriented;
- Packaging of product is a more manual process;
- Regulated environment requiring strict compliance to FDA guidelines, following the batch record and signing off and peer reviewing;
- Will require the use of a Forklift occasionally to pull product or move for packaging. Mechanical aptitude is required for troubleshooting systems.
- College level math and chemistry strongly preferred or demonstrated experience on the job;
- 3 years chemical batching experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment following batch records.