Linux Administrator installs, configures, and maintains Linux operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software. Being a Linux Administrator monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards. May require a bachelor’s degree in a related area. Additionally, Linux Administrator may also require a Linux certification such as Red Hat. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. The Linux Administrator occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. To be a Linux Administrator typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Linux Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Linux Administrator to join our team.
- COB testing and documentation;
- SAN storage set-up and testing;
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving;
- Automate tasks through scripting technologies;
- Monitoring of the server environment and its capacity planning;
- Perform server and hardware maintenance;
- Build and maintain the VMWare Virtual Infrastructure environment;
- Production Handover;
- Job Title: Linux Administrator;
- Location: Moline, Illinois 61265;
- Procedural checks. Building and configuring new servers]
- Update property and data center management systems;
- Lab customer and end user support;
- Add, remove, and modify local and centralized user accounts/identities;
- Provide basic Linux OS support: user environments, dotfiles, X/Wayland configs, ssh, routing yum installs/updates.
- Experience with MAC OS is a plus;
- Kernel infrastructure understanding in a Linux environment;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Hands-on experience with web servers such as Apache Web Server, Websphere, Tomcat or Red Hat TC Server, JBoss;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent;
- CompTIA Security+ certification;
- Ability to show initiative and strong work ethic;
- Working knowledge of Ansible and Ansible Tower;
- Proficiency in one or more of Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash or Java;
- Storage certification from one or more vendors;
- Proven Experience in troubleshooting Linux systems;
- 5 years of Linux administration experience;
- technology and security controls that are in place;
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information;
- Experience with building, configuring and deploying Linux systems.