Sr. Database Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Database Administrator to join our team.
- Ensures database integrity by monitoring database performance, making necessary repairs, and administering backups and restores;
- Develops and implements database disaster recovery plans and procedures;
- Installs, upgrades, and tests complex database software and object changes through multiple test environments and production.
- Database analysis and design expertise;
- Oracle version upgrades, migrations and patching;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- High degree of skill with database commands and utilities such as exp, imp, sql loader, etc;
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator preferred;
- Data extraction, transformation and loading;
- NetApp storage experience a plus;
- Experience with Oracle tools and utilities;
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull 10-20 lbs. of computer equipment, documents or other similar items;
- Experience with Jira, BitBucket (Git) and Confluence;
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as hot and cold backups, database recovery, tablespace additions, security, etc;
- DBA experience with SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL 8.4 or newer;
- Capable of working and managing multiple diverse projects;
- Proven and verifiable experience with administering and maintaining Oracle based applications to achieve reliability and availability SLAs;
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule concerning required availability and accessibility.