The Manager of Operations develops and implements company policies and procedures as well as ensures compliance with these procedures. Manages general activities of an organization’s operations in a non-manufacturing environment. Being a Manager of Operations prepares reports and audits to monitor and improve operations effectiveness. Evaluates and enhances current operational systems. In addition, Manager of Operations may coordinate communication between different functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a senior manager or head of unit/department. The Manager of Operations manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Operations typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operations Manager to join our team.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained Customer Service;
- Administer W/C matters and associated claims and maintains OSHA logs in coordination with the Store Support Center Warehouse/Logistics;
- Support worker communication with the management team;
- Follow safety procedures at all times;
- Entails approval for contracts and commitments of work consistent with Company policy for signing authorities as Office Manager;
- Order and arrange shipping for all raw materials required for production and Monitor inventory. establish and monitor pricing with the vendor network;
- Create production contingency plan to allow company to meet output requirements for exceeding expected yearly forecasts;
- Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights;
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building;
- Assist Business Development with the acquisition of new clients;
- Review and monitor daily asset coverage testing, monthly commission reports, quarterly derivatives exposure and other reports as required;
- Engage and support trainers for the development and advancement of team members;
- Supervise and evaluate employee performance and lead or participate in coaching and discipline;
- Manage the client’s experience to ensure consistent satisfaction;
- Strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing;
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills;
- A willingness to learn how to manage a business;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees;
- Experience in a transit position and have experience in scheduling and personnel management and training;
- Ensure labor tracking is timely and accurate;
- Calm under pressure;
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields;
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth;
- Proven ability to display leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, and exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to self-prioritize and drive results;
- Must be willing and able to work on one of the following shifts, 2nd, 3rd or a rotating shift, which may include weekends;
- Maximize routing schedules for technicians;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.