Systems Engineering Manager manages daily operations in the department responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization’s systems infrastructure. Ensures that hardware and/or software are designed and installed in a manner that meets the needs of the organization. Being a Systems Engineering Manager monitors systems performance and provides recommendations as required. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Systems Engineering Manager typically reports to a head of unit/department. The Systems Engineering Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Systems Engineering Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Systems Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the function;
- Propose and develop architectural options and conduct system / subsystem trade-offs;
- Agree Interface Exchange Requirements and acceptance criteria with the customer;
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues;
- Generous paid time off;
- Deliver technical proposals and generate cost estimates for future activities;
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (with matching);
- Produce system test and flight-check definitions and procedures;
- Lead system design, test and flight trial activities;
- Capture of customer requirements and the flow down into compliant subsystem specifications;
- Critically review inputs from the different teams (Solution, Software, Hardware);
- Develop, support and certify simulation of Navaid RF signal transmission and request responses;
- Ensure the necessary clearances are in place (e.g. security, safety, export control and spectrum);
- Provides regular status reports to the project manager and/or project leader;
- Manage the progressive sign off of Requirements through the project lifecycle.
- Previous management/supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal means along with experience in making presentations in front of others;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (or in process to become licensed);
- Ability to manage work independently;
- Can develop and maintain good relationships with key clients and partners;
- Core values include safety, quality, integrity, diversity, innovation, and sustainability;
- Experience of environmental constraints (temperature and humidity);
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills; also time management;
- Experience in delivering or supporting Reliability and Safety programs, including to CENELEC standards;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers to derive/define requirements for support needs;
- Effective mentor and developer of individual and team talent;
- Expert in Systems Engineering practices according to ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, including plans, processes and tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Collaborator and networker;
- Ability to coordinate between key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability/proven track record of leading project teams and working independently as appropriate.