Collectors , also called revenue officers in the IRS, deal with overdue accounts. The process of collecting an overdue payment starts with the revenue agent or tax examiner sending a report to the taxpayer. If the taxpayer makes no effort to pay, the case is assigned to a collector.
Collector Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Collector to join our team.
- Compiles reports for management as directed;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Conduct research by skip tracing accounts in order to locate customers;
- Using various skip tracing methods to locate clients;
- Confirming clients’ information and payment agreements;
- Interviewing clients telephonically to establish their ability to pay debt;
- Ensuring ACH requests are processed correctly;
- Negotiating settlements by arranging clients’ payments over longer time span;
- Assist all members of collections staff with daily processes and procedures when required;
- Answer inbound dialer callbacks;
- Maintain required levels of phone activity, contact percentages and other key performance indicators provided by financial management;
- Maintain minimum account work standards as assigned by Management;
- Understand and follow federal and state laws, company policies and procedures and client requirements with regards to account resolution efforts;
- Must be able to handle stress of working in a fast paced, high pressure environment;
- Meet or exceed assigned daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and excellent people skills;
- Proficient mathematical skills;
- Previous work experience in customer service, sales, collections or related field;
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office for Windows;
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish);
- Ability to deal with impolite customers;
- Outstanding phone etiquette;
- Resilient with impolite clients;
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word;
- Maintain detailed and organized support documentation related to the handling of any owner account. Request skip tracing as necessary;
- Sales, telemarketing, or call center experience a plus;
- Specialty/Department/Practice -Baylor Scott and White Health- Temple,Texas;
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and data entry;
- Excellent professional phone voice;
- Cashier experience helpful, but not required.