The Business Development Representative assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers. Being a Business Development Representative requires a bachelor’s degree of business, finance or marketing. Works with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives. In addition, Business Development Representative typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Business Development Representative gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as a Business Development Representative typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Business Development Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team.
- Attend industry leading conferences – come, have fun, meet new people, book some demos;
- Prospecting large value prospects that are a good fit for Front;
- Manage inbound leads;
- Accessing C-Level, Director level contacts within customer accounts and target prospects;
- Partner with the Media sales team to help drive team goal achievement;
- Lead high-level discovery calls to qualify prospects;
- Conduct sales calls to generate new clients;
- Support the Sales Execs in creating presentations by providing key insights into areas of development and potential roadblocks;
- Provide prompt phone/email follow up to specific leads and properly document and track all activity in Salesforce.com;
- Provide comprehensive and clear briefs to the Sales Execs when an opportunity is transferred;
- Successfully deliver the Fonteva first call deck to prospects;
- Track and publish weekly reports using quantitative results;
- Build and maintain target lists;
- Consistently exceed monthly quotas;
- Call and email schools who have requested quotes or information about Sibme.
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong background in facilitating management for a large book of accounts with a high volume of sales;
- Organized and disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success;
- Relentless persistence in the face of daily rejection and delays from potential merchants;
- 1+ Year Sales (Tech or Services) experience desired;
- Top-Tier oral and written communication skills;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Experience with new technology products and platforms highly preferred;
- Ability to work in a high-energy, sales-team environment; team player;
- Previous experience with inbound/outbound lead generation;
- Experience selling software or SaaS is a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- Group Dental Insurance;
- Competitive spirit and high energy, willing to chase leads and not be easily discouraged.